Thanks to all of you for a successful release – I’ve had record download counts over the past few days.
There have been quite a few issues with this update, though, some being transition issues and others being outright bugs. I’m working my best to clear out the brunt of the issues on my end, but there’s really not much I can do in terms of transitioning. I thought I’d make a blog post that goes over all the primary changes.
- All transmitters – Universal Cables, Mechanical Pipes, Logistical Transporters and Pressurized Tubes – will disappear. This is due to the recoding of the transmitter system to work with Forge Multipart (FMP).
- Electrolytic Separators will disappear. This has needed to happen for a while – they have been merged into the core Mekanism module.
- Clumps, Ingots, Dirty Dusts, and Dusts will screw up. As pointed out by Hephinator, all of these items had unnecessary -256 shifts on their IDs. The v6 update removes this shift, meaning any of these items you had will suddenly have different IDs. This can be fixed by bumping up the IDs of the items in the config file by 256.
- FMP is now required, and will auto-download.
- MekanismInduction has been removed and is no longer supported. If you used any of the induction features, you may download Calclavia’s version.
Aside from this, make sure you’ve cleared out any conflicts with the other items v6 introduces. I hope this is helpful to some of you, and I’m sorry I didn’t make this sooner!