Hey all. v7 has been pushed.
After many months of planning, implementing, and fixing (oh, the fixing), I performed the great merge of 320 commits into the master branch. I hope you enjoy the:
- 1.7.10 update, which involved a complete rewrite of the networking code.
- Efficiency improvements, which should allow Mekanism to perform much faster on both clients and servers.
- Portable Tanks, which I will (hopefully) be making a video on tomorrow.
- Filter Cards, which let you save and swap filter data of Logistical Sorters and Digital Miners.
- Seismic Vibrator and Seismic Reader, which let you explore layers under the surface without the hassle of picking up a pickaxe.
- Salt Blocks, which make higher-tier ore processing slightly easier (and spawn kinda like clay does).
- Fluidic Plenisher, which is the ever-hyped “opposite of a pump.”
- Pressurized Reaction Chamber, which will be easier to use if you have installed NEI.
- Glow Panels, which will, quite simply, brighten (and colorize!) your day.
- Material and Mod ID Filters, which give Digital Mining and Logistical Sorting entirely new experiences.
- Plastic Decoration Blocks, which I promise won’t pollute your oceans!
There’s a lot more to this update as well, but I’ll let you see it for yourself. In the meantime, I’m busy coding flamethrowers for Mekanism v8.